As we head into the school holidays the hours of daylight are becoming noticeably shorter. The mornings are gloriously crisp and the light at this time of year in Victoria is stunning. I hope you can all take the opportunity over the break to recharge, rest and enjoy some well-deserved time off from study and work.
Over the holidays there will be many cultural and religious events happening around us. For those celebrating Easter, I hope you have a wonderful and joyous time with your loved ones. And to our Muslim families, Ramadan Mubarek! May this month bring you peace, reflection, and spiritual growth. Let us also not forget our Jewish families, Chag Sameach as we wish you all a Happy Passover. If there are any other cultural events happening during this time that I may have missed, please do let me know. The diversity of the VSV community is something that we value highly. Despite those diversities, we are united in our passion for education and dedication to our students.
Thank you to everyone who participated in the process of electing our student, parent and staff representatives on the inaugural School Council. I am delighted to announce that the following people have been elected.
• Ciri Stanek
• Makenzie White.
• Sally Van Bragt – President
• Sophie Wild – Vice-President
• Tina Mills
• Bruce Myers
• Angavi Swaminathan
• Babu Gogineni.
• Malcolm McIver – Assistant Principal Student Wellbeing and Engagement
• Luke Ferguson – Year 8 Student Coordinator, English teacher and AEU President.
In addition to the elected members of the School Council VSV is required to have nominee members from the Department of Education and co-opted community members.
• Pat Brophy – Executive Director, School Support Division, North Western Victoria Region
• Penny Addison – Director, Curriculum and Assessment Branch, Curriculum Implementation Division, Department of Education.
Co-opted Community Members
• Professor Susan Sawyer, Geoff and Helen Handbury Chair of Adolescent Health, Department of Paediatrics, The University of Melbourne; Director, Centre for Adolescent Health Royal Children’s Hospital; Murdoch Children’s Research Institute
• Professor Michael Henderson – Professor of Digital Futures in the Faculty of Education at Monash University.
I am looking forward to the broader representation in the governance of our school and the exciting step in the life and times of VSV.
Principal Fiona Webster’s message
I hope this message finds you well as we head into the winter months. It's been wonderful seeing many of you at school events and seminars this term. I'm…
Parliament Prize offers generous cash prizes to winners
The Parliament Prize asks students to consider what they would say to parliament if they were an MP and record a video of their own 90-second Member’s Statement.…