Student Voice, Agency and Leadership is a whole-school program that allows students to have a say in decision-making processes at VSV and be active participants in our school community. Student Voice creates forums, channels, activities and programs that encourage our students to:
- get involved in school community projects
- participate in co-curricular activities
- provide feedback on how the school can better meet students’ needs
- exercise leadership skills on student committees.
The benefits of being involved with Student Voice can include:
- enhanced confidence in a student’s abilities and being a valued voice in the school community
- friendships through interactive activities
- collaboration with other students
- increased connection to teachers, peers and school community
- leadership skills and experience
- involvement in wider school processes
- a deeper understanding of how to manage emotions, responsibilities and actions.
Students who have engaged in Student Voice activities throughout the year will receive a certificate of achievement and be acknowledged at our annual Awards Ceremony.
If you are interested in joining the Student Representative Council or hearing about the different programs, activities and clubs that are on offer, please contact [email protected].
We look forward to hearing from you.
VSV Voices Podcast
The Student Representative Council (SRC) Media Committee have created a podcast called VSV Voices. This completely student run initiative aims to build school community by interviewing students, teachers and alumni.
October episode 2020
Welcome to the first-ever VSV Voices podcast. In this episode we meet our two hosts; Bee and Alex. They will talk about what the podcast is about and the Student Representative Council (SRC).
We hope you enjoy listening and learn more about our VSV school community.
December episode 2020
Welcome to the second VSV Voices podcast. In this episode our two hosts; Bee and Alex, talk about the events of 2020 and how quarantine has affected individuals and the school community. We hope you enjoy listening and hopefully gain an insightful look into the ups and downs of 2020.
Note: We understand that COVID-19 is a difficult subject for some people so please make sure to contact the VSV Wellbeing Team if you are feeling distressed.
December episode 2021
Welcome to the end-of-year episode of VSV Voices. In this episode, our hosts Sarah and Maria talk about transitions to VCE. You can also meet other members of the SRC.