Students will need to login to VSV Online (the school’s learning management system) to communicate and submit work online regularly. They are expected to participate in multiple areas of the online courses, including online classes, forums and interactive activities. All student reports are only available online.
To have the best experience at VSV, students should have a device that is able to join live classes with a camera and a microphone. It can be beneficial to use a headset microphone for better audio quality, but in-built device microphones can also be used.
It is also recommended that students have a device with a physical keyboard to easily take notes and respond to communication. Most desktops or laptops are compatible with VSV Online and our online classrooms. Please keep in mind that for some subjects, a smartphone, tablet or Chromebook will be insufficient to meet the needs of the study. Where possible, it is recommended that more than one device is available if more than one child is enrolled at VSV in the same family.
Minimum Technical Specifications
It is recommended that students have a device that is able to:
- run Windows 10 or Mac OSX 10.10
- run a current web browser, e.g. Firefox, Safari or Chrome
- run programs to create documents, spreadsheets and presentations
- enable the use of a web camera and headset
- access the internet
- install subject specific software where needed (please see individual subject information pages).