Students in Years 5 and 6 have been learning about esafety to empower them to have safe online experiences.
We wanted to share their top tips for staying safe online:
• Don’t click on things that look unsafe
• Stay on reputable websites
• Stop and think before you click or post
• Friend only people who you can trust
• Don’t share any details that you wouldn’t share in real life, like bank details, your address, passwords and what school you may go to
• Don’t play on unsafe games
• Always check with mum, dad, or an adult when you aren’t sure of something online
• Say ‘no’ if you feel unsafe or ignore and block players on games
• Always read questions – don’t just answer straight away.
Photo courtesy of Ekaterina Bolovtsova
Help VSV rename this newsletter and win an eco-cup and tasty goodies!
Virtual School Victoria is looking to rename eNews – the school’s newsletter to families, students and supervisors. We are running a competition to find a new…
Principal Fiona Webster’s message – keeping our community safe
Virtual School Victoria is physically located in Thornbury on Wurundjeri country and we’re fortunate to have the Darebin Creek close by which gives an illusion of not…