The holiday season is almost upon us. So if you’re decorating a tree, lighting candles or just appreciate a fine cookie, this could be something to add into your holiday rituals.
Students prepared this recipe in a Food and Technology class taught by Tracey and Lee-Anne.
Special thanks to VSV student, Emily, who declared “the cookies are delicious!” and shared her photos.
We hope you enjoy the recipe too.
1 cup of flour
1/2 cup of self-raising flour
60 grams butter, at room temperature
1/4 cup castor sugar
1 egg lightly beaten
1/4 tsp vanilla essence
*For chocolate version remove 1 1/2tbsps flour and replace it with 1 1/2tbsps cocoa. Sift the cocoa with the flours.
**For Lemon and coconut biscuits add 1 tsp of grated lemon rind and 1 tbsp of desiccated coconut to the creamed mixture before adding the flours.
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees and grease an oven tray.
- Sift flours together (*and cocoa)
- Cream butter and sugar until light and creamy.
- Add egg and vanilla and beat well.
- Add sifted flour and mix to affirm dough.
- Lightly flour the bench and knead the dough until smooth.
- Roll out dough to 5 millimetres in thickness and cut into shapes.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 10-15 mins or until a pale golden colour.
- Allow to cool on the tray for five minutes, then place on a cooling rack until cold.
The recipe is from Food By Design 2nd Edition (2004), Heath et al, pg 203
VSV ushers in a positive chapter for Ushwin
Year 8 student Ushwin has been thriving since joining the Virtual School Victoria community a few months ago. Ushwin says he is more relaxed since joining VSV.…
The Student Representative Council, or SRC, is a group of students who meet weekly to discuss everything and anything about students - whether it’s an idea for a fun…