VSV Dance and Music Style and Composition graduates continue to feature strongly in Top Class and Top Acts, with three students from each subject scoring coveted spots.
These performance events are part of the VCE Season of Excellence, managed by the Victorian Curriculum and Assessment Authority. Works on show are by a representative sample of outstanding VCE and VCE VET students from the previous year, for the benefit of current students and teachers.
Congratulations to the following students who have been selected to perform, or have their compositions played, at this annual event:
- Cora Hughes (Dance)
- Claudia McFarlane (Music Style and Composition)
- Kayla Murphy (Dance)
- Patrick O’Luanaigh (Dance)
- Lachlan Rae (Music Style and Composition)
- Sam Stuchbery (Music Style and Composition).
Competition is fierce for these annual events. Season and audition panels include:
- the state reviewers and assistant state reviewers for visual arts studies
- the chief assessors and assistant chief assessors for performing arts studies
- subject association representatives where appropriate
- regional teacher representatives.
Top Class and Top Acts will be performed at concerts held across Melbourne’s major cultural venues throughout February and March.
The Season directly supports VCAA’s goal to support high quality education, recognise student achievement and best practice for teaching, and encourage students to move into allied work areas and further study.
A huge congratulations to our students and teachers for their achievements.
Game on for James
VCE student, James, has recently headed overseas for six weeks to train and compete in two international gaming competitions. James plays for an Australian team that…
Mindset key to Monica’s success on and off the field
At just 14 years old, VSV student Monica is the youngest futsal player in the state’s senior women's league and exemplifies the power of a positive mindset.…