VSV Dance and Music Style and Composition graduates continue to feature strongly in Top Class and Top Acts, with three students from each subject scoring coveted spots.
These performance events are part of the VCE Season of Excellence, managed by the Victorian Curriculum and Assessment Authority. Works on show are by a representative sample of outstanding VCE and VCE VET students from the previous year, for the benefit of current students and teachers.
Congratulations to the following students who have been selected to perform, or have their compositions played, at this annual event:
- Cora Hughes (Dance)
- Claudia McFarlane (Music Style and Composition)
- Kayla Murphy (Dance)
- Patrick O’Luanaigh (Dance)
- Lachlan Rae (Music Style and Composition)
- Sam Stuchbery (Music Style and Composition).
Competition is fierce for these annual events. Season and audition panels include:
- the state reviewers and assistant state reviewers for visual arts studies
- the chief assessors and assistant chief assessors for performing arts studies
- subject association representatives where appropriate
- regional teacher representatives.
Top Class and Top Acts will be performed at concerts held across Melbourne’s major cultural venues throughout February and March.
The Season directly supports VCAA’s goal to support high quality education, recognise student achievement and best practice for teaching, and encourage students to move into allied work areas and further study.
A huge congratulations to our students and teachers for their achievements.
Principal Fiona Webster’s message
I hope this message finds you well as we head into the winter months. It's been wonderful seeing many of you at school events and seminars this term. I'm…
Parliament Prize offers generous cash prizes to winners
The Parliament Prize asks students to consider what they would say to parliament if they were an MP and record a video of their own 90-second Member’s Statement.…