Year 9 Health and Physical Education
This course looks at a range of topics which impact your daily physical, social and mental wellbeing.
How can you study Physical Education online?
In this subject, you will:
- engage in the physical aspect of sport by completing weekly tasks
- share in an online forum called The Gym
- complete an online physical activity journal
- provide evidence in the form of images, videos and journals showing regular participation in physical activity and feedback around your participation to your teachers and peers.
What do you do?
In Health, you will develop your knowledge and skills in a range of different situations that you may be presented with throughout your life.
Some topics you will explore:
- food and nutrition
- goal setting
- identifying character strengths
- impacts of legal and illegal drugs
- identifying successful strategies on how to build positive relationships.
In Physical Education, you will develop your skills and knowledge in a range of different games and activities. You will also develop your own training programs to achieve personal fitness goals.
You will cover:
- pedometer challenge, which involves a daily goal of 10,000 steps
- circuit-based activities
- yoga and meditation
- using apps to record physical activity
- local community resources available for the promotion of physical activity.
What skills do you develop?
You will develop skills including:
- research skills
- case study analysis
- observation and detailed record-keeping skills
- increased proficiency using technology
- ability to make informed and independent decisions about your own physical, social and mental health
- progressive development of fitness components through exposure to a variety of individual sports and recreational activities.
Internet is needed to access this course. Work will be completed and submitted online weekly.