Year 9-10 Digital Technology
The future is digital technology. Digital technology enhances and manages our lives every day. It is how we communicate; it is how we stay informed.
Digital technology has is an integral part of our lives and will become more so in the future. Understanding digital technology and developing skills in this area is future-proofing for your personal and working life.
The Digital Technology course focuses on developing your understanding and skills in online systems and networks, computing, digital design and programming. The subject also explores the how and why of the digital world. In addition, it develops creative problem solving skills through the design and development of digital technologies including browser-based games.
What do you do?
- investigate online systems and browser technologies, taking into account privacy and security requirements
- develop an understanding of how digital technology functions and the skills to create digital technology yourself
- learn about designing and evaluating user-friendly solutions
- design algorithms and data structures that drive software
- learn programming and computational thinking through the design of programs in app lab.
What skills do you develop?
You will develop skills including:
- modular thinking
- creative problem-solving
- object-oriented software design
- computational problem solving, with a focus on creative solutions
- algorithm design
You must have access to the internet to access this course. Work will be completed and submitted online weekly.