Year 8 Digital Technology
Digital Technology develops your understanding and skills in computational thinking, data storage and representation. You will also study how computer networks operate and explore the field of robotics.
The subject explores algorithms, computational thinking and programming. You will also do an online course using drag and drop programming blocks. It culminates in using your new-found skills to create and develop a game or story app.
What do you do?
In studying this subject you will:
- analyse various computer networks, such as LANs, WANs and wireless networks
- develop simple black and white and colour images using binary code
- develop a game or story app.
What skills do you develop?
You will develop skills including:
- computational thinking
- representing images and sounds computationally
- data representation
- creating digital solutions and the design process.
You must have access to the internet in order to access this course.
Weekly work will be completed and submitted online.
You will also need to work within Code.org, which is a third-party website, where all the programming lessons take place.