Year 8 Design Technology (Materials)
You will learn about and use Computer-aided Design (CAD) in this course. Part of this will be working with Tinkercad, a cloud-based program. You will explore design elements and principles, be introduced to the design brief, and develop the skills you need to create your very own product in CAD suitable for 3D printing.
What do you do?
In studying this subject you will:
- Design your own product that can be produced on a 3D printer
- Research materials
- Respond to the considerations and constraints of a design brief
- Develop and share design ideas with your teacher and other students
- Implement feedback and research to finalise design ideas
- Evaluate the suitability of your design ideas
- Create a portfolio of your work
What skills do you develop?
You will develop skills including:
- Computer-aided Design (CAD) skills
- problem solving
- visualisation drawing
- design development techniques
- verbal communication
- visual communication.
Internet is needed to access this course. Work will be completed and submitted online weekly.