Year 8 Design Technology (Materials)
You will learn about Computer-aided Design (CAD) in this course. Part of this will be working with Tinkercad, a cloud-based program. This will help develop the skills you need to create a product in CAD suitable for 3D printing. The Tinkercad lessons will build your knowledge and skills so you can reproduce a small puzzle which can be 3D printed.
You will study design elements, be introduced to the design brief, and work in the framework of a design brief. You will also design a product that can be produced on a 3D printer.
What do you do?
In studying this subject you will:
- reproduce a small puzzle that can be 3D printed
- designs your own product that can be produced on a 3D printer
- apply your design brief considerations and constraints to research material suitability for your product
- share your design ideas with your teacher and other students
- use feedback and research to finalise your design ideas
- use preset evaluation criteria to assess the suitability of your design ideas.
What skills do you develop?
You will develop skills including:
- Computer-aided Design (CAD) skills
- problem solving
- verbal communication
- visual communication.
Internet is needed to access this course. Work will be completed and submitted online weekly.