Year 8 Art
You will learn about different art styles and how to make artworks. You will be encouraged to think of creative ideas while exploring the art process and present this in a Visual Diary. During the course, you will have the opportunity use range materials and techniques, and introduced to Appropriation, Portraiture and Street Art styles. You will study the elements and principles in art and apply and write about these in your work.
What do you do?
In studying this subject you will:
- explore and respond to a range of artworks
- visit and discover local and online art gallery spaces
- create and make artworks using a range of media
- keep a visual diary
- review and reflect on the artwork you create
- post your work onto the online gallery
- contribute to online class blog pages.
What skills do you develop?
You will gain an appreciation for art, artists and art-making. You will be able to express your creativity. Drawing, painting, printing, photography and sculpture-making are some of the creative activities you can explore.
Internet is needed to access this course. Work will be completed and submitted online weekly.
- Visual Art Diary A4 110gsm 60 Sheet/120 Page.