Year 7 History
This course will take you from ancient Australia, Egypt and China, to Europe and Japan in the Middle Ages. We will also look at the 16th century Spanish conquest of the Aztecs. You will study how we know about the ancient past and how we understand it. We also study how we create new histories through our own interpretations.
What do you do?
This is a research-based course. You will plan and research using a wide range of sources including images, films and documents. Your research projects include:
- an online exhibition of ancient Australian artefacts
- a multi-media biography of a significant individual or item of technology from ancient Egyptian or ancient Chinese society
- primary sources about the Middle Ages
- a research report evaluating the impact of the Spanish conquest of the Aztecs.
What skills do you develop?
You will learn the skills that historians have, including how to:
- understand a primary source
- ask research questions
- find sources for your research
- take notes
- analyse information
- write history.
Internet is needed to access this course. You will be expected to attend weekly online lessons. Work will be completed and submitted online weekly.
Things you can do now
Go to the VCAA website for more information about this subject.
Watch the video – Why Study History?