Year 7 Health and Physical Education
Year 7 Health and Physical Education is fun, hands-on and engaging. It helps you become the most active and health-conscious person you can be.
How can you study Physical Education online?
You will engage in the physical aspect of Physical Education by:
- completing adaptive weekly tasks
- sharing to an online forum called The Gym
- completing a physical activity journal
- adhering to the National Physical Activity Guidelines.
You will provide evidence in the form of pictures/videos and journals showing your regular participation in physical activity. You will also get feedback about your participation from your teachers and peers. You will actively seek ways to improve your skill and fitness levels.
In Health, you will look at:
- successful goal-setting strategies
- personal identity
- explore the sexual and mental development of adolescents
- nutrition in your life
- basic first aid skills.
We aim to help you recognise the importance of a holistic approach to your health and wellbeing.
What do you do?
In Health you will participate in:
- goal setting
- anger management
- working in groups
- using skill rubrics
- sharing reflections via discussion forums.
In Physical Education you will participate in:
- uploading videos/pictures of your physical activity to The Gym
- the 10,000 Step Challenge
- developing training programs
- multicultural games
- winter sports skill development
- interval training.
What skills do you develop?
You will build your:
- physical capabilities
- specific movement skills
- spatial awareness
- use of specific fitness and nutritional apps
- communication skills
- coping strategies
- healthy-lifestyle skills.
You must have access to the internet in order to access this course. Weekly work will be completed and submitted online. You will also need:
- appropriate gear for participation in physical activity
- appropriate apps for the different physical activities
- access to the online learning environment
- use of a pedometer.