Year 7 Design Technology (Food)
In Design Technology food you will learn about basic food hygiene and safety, cooking processes, kitchen equipment, and the functional and nutritional properties of key foods. You will also learn about the Design Process and complete tasks to show your understanding of this process.
What do you do?
In studying this subject you will:
- attend weekly online lessons
- complete practical and written tasks
- respond to a range of design briefs and follow the design process to create suitable dishes
- develop and apply sequenced production plans
- complete practical productions following relevant safety and hygiene practices
- select and use appropriate equipment and technologies to produce high quality designed solutions
- analyse and evaluate design solutions
- analyse the sensory properties of dishes produced
- use technology to record and share practical work.
What skills do you develop?
You will develop skills including:
- basic cooking skills
- safe food handling and hygiene practices
- research and problem solving skills
- experience designing and planning dishes
- time management and organisation
- food preparation techniques.
You will need to have access to a kitchen and a phone / camera to take video or photographs of your production work.