Year 11 Business Management Units 1 and 2
Business Management is a popular and accessible subject that doesn’t require any specific pre-knowledge or skills. If you’ve ever considered owning or managing a business, this subject is a great choice for you.
In semester 1, you will investigate
- the concept of entrepreneurship
- the process of creating and developing a business idea
- the factors inside and outside that may affect business planning.
In semester 2, you will explore:
- the key legal and financial considerations when establishing a business
- how a marketing presence supports the achievement of business objectives
- the importance of staff and their management.
Who is it for?
This subject is a great choice for you if:
- you would love to one day manage or run your own business
- you want to learn how to develop a business plan and get started on developing your own business
- you prefer ‘real-life’ or more ‘practical’ type subjects
- you like applying what you have learnt to different situations and case studies.
What do you do?
- Learn what it takes to develop and maintain a business and develop your own business plan.
- Make suggestions and recommendations on what can be done to improve the success of a business.
What skills do you need?
An enthusiasm for learning about all types of businesses and applying your knowledge to real life business case studies and successful young business owners.
What skills do you develop?
- identify business opportunities
- research and analyse case studies and contemporary examples of business management applicable to planning a business
- define, describe and apply relevant business management concepts and terms.
You must have access to the internet to access this course. All work will be completed and submitted online weekly.
Things to think about
This subject is a great choice if you are interested in business and perhaps running your own business in the future. Assessments in Business Management are centred around applying theory to practical scenarios. The focus in Business Management is ‘precise and concise’, no lengthy essays!
Things you can do now
- Talk to anyone who is managing or running their own business about what it’s like.
- Have a look at the Study Design on the VCAA website – this tells you exactly what you will be covering throughout the year Pages – Business Management (vcaa.vic.edu.au)
Things to have a look at
The power of business
VCAA Business Management