Year 9-10 Music
Without Music, life would be a mistake. Music is all around us. Get amongst it!
Year 9-10 Music has a specific focus on using digital tools to create music.
Using the latest online & digital tools, you will create music in a variety of different ways using diverse materials. Using contemporary music examples, you will learn elements of popular music construction.
What do you do?
Year 9-10 Music is organised in 4 modules which each involve hands-on music making creative activities.
- Making Music from Found Sounds
- Develop Foundation: Make Beats; Notes, Scales and Melodies; Chords, Basslines
- The Art of the Mashup – Creative Task
- Creating a Soundtrack – Creative Task
You will also learn about how music is organised, so you can develop skills to make your own music.
You will also be sharing your work with classmates and have the opportunity to collaborate.
Year 9-10 Music caters for a diversity of skills, background and experience in music.
What skills do you develop?
You will develop skills including:
- Collaboration, communication and social skills
- Music Making – Beats, Chord Progressions, Melodies
- Critical thinking & Critical listening
- Technology literacy
- Audio Recording and Editing
- Creativity and musical exploration
- Planning, developing and notating compositions
- Manipulate combinations of the elements of music in a range of styles, using technology and notation
• Analyse a range of music from contemporary and past times
You must have access to the internet to access this course. Work will be completed and submitted online weekly. Attendance, participation, contributions and content sharing in online lessons is essential to successfully complete this subject.
Recommended but not required:
- A good set of headphones
• A MIDI controller with pads and keys. VSV can recommend appropriate equipment if required.