Year 10 History
You will explore the making of the modern world and Australia from the industrial revolution to the present. The emphasis will be on Australia and it’s place in the world.
- colonisation and different experiences of it
- Australia’s involvement in World War I and World War II and the impact on Australian society
- civil rights movements and the fight for Indigenous rights in Australia
- the impact of overseas popular culture on Australia.
What do you do?
- analyse primary sources
- conduct self-directed research using digital sources available on the internet
- investigate the perspectives of people of the past
- display creative and ICT ability in presenting research.
What skills do you develop?
You will learn skills in:
- chronology, historical terms and concepts
- formulating historical questions and conducting research
- the analysis and use of sources
- historical perspective-taking
- interpretations of history
- historical explanation and communication.
Internet is needed to access this course. Work will be completed and submitted online weekly.