The holiday season is almost upon us. So if you’re decorating a tree, lighting candles or just appreciate a fine cookie, this could be something to add into your holiday rituals.
Students prepared this recipe in one of the classes taught by VSV’s Food and Technology teachers, Tracey and Lee-Anne.
Special thanks to VSV student, Emily, who declared “the cookies are delicious!” and shared her photos.
We hope you enjoy the recipe too!
1 cup of flour
1/2 cup of self-raising flour
60 grams butter, at room temperature
1/4 cup castor sugar
1 egg lightly beaten
1/4 tsp vanilla essence
*For chocolate version remove 1 1/2 tbsps flour and replace it with 1 1/2 tbsps cocoa. Sift the cocoa with the flours.
**For lemon and coconut biscuits add 1 tsp of grated lemon rind and 1 tbsp of desiccated coconut to the creamed mixture before adding the flours.
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees and grease an oven tray.
- Sift flours together (*and cocoa).
- Cream butter and sugar until light and creamy.
- Add egg and vanilla and beat well.
- Add sifted flour and mix to affirm dough.
- Lightly flour the bench and knead the dough until smooth.
- Roll out dough to 5 millimetres in thickness and cut into shapes.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 10-15 mins or until a pale golden colour.
- Allow to cool on the tray for five minutes, then place on a cooling rack until cold.
The recipe was taken from Food By Design 2nd Edition (2004), Heath et al, pg 203
Expanded social and emotional learning program strives to create more well-rounded students
VSV is expanding its social and emotional learning program for students from next year. The successful Year 8-9 program will soon be hitting the screens of students in…
The remarkable feat of VCE exams at VSV
A record number of 277 Virtual School Victoria (VSV) students sat VCE exams this year. VCE exams are often a source of angst for students. But combined with a…